How to create a new business after a user is already created

Hi there,
I’ve successfully created a user. Then when I create a business using Advanced Rest Client, I get a Authentication pop up request. What do I need to put in here? I thought that all I had to do was to put the User’s API key into the username via basic authentication.

My end points are:
https://9spokes.yourpayroll.com.au/api/v2/business
Authorization: Basic [hidden]
Body:
{
“name”: “Jackie Chan Chemist”,
“abn”: “53004085616”,
“contactName”: “Sean”,
“contactEmailAddress”: "kungfuchow1@gmail.com",
“standardHoursPerDay”: 8,
}

The API key that was returned when I created the user kungfuchow1@gmail.com is: [hidden]

Cheers,
Sean

Hi Sean,

It looks like there’s an issue with the /User API call at the moment that isn’t setting the API key properly when the users are being created.

I’ll arrange to get a fix deployed, but in the meantime, to continue testing, could you re-generate the API key manually (see API Key Authentication) and I’ll be sure to notify you as soon as this is resolved.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards
Phil

Thanks for the reply Paul. So this is where I get confused. I create users based on my Whitelabel admin API key. That’s all good. I then get returned a User API key that is used in all subsequent interactions with the API. Again all good.

The link provided to re-generate the API key manually (API Key Authentication), looks like I’m re-generating the Whitelabel admin API key. I’m not clear how this helps me? I think I’m missing something.

Cheers,
Sean

Hey Sean,

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my response. Your understanding of how the API works is 100% correct.

What I meant was to log in as "kungfuchow1@gmail.com" (either using username / password login or SSO login) and regenerate the API key manually for the "kungfuchow1@gmail.com". Once you regenerate his API Key you can use that for creating a business for "kungfuchow1@gmail.com".

I’ll let you know when the fix for the API Key being saved has been resolved (shouldn’t be too long)

PB

Hi Sean,

We’ve deployed a fix for this now so it should work correctly for new users you create via the API, but you will still need to manually re-create the api key for "kungfuchow1@gmail.com"

Apologies for the issue and thanks for bringing it to our attention.

PB

Thanks. All good. (Posts need to be more than 20 chars).